CURRENT INFORMTATION DUE TO THE CORONAPANDEMIC
Update January 19,:
Unfortunately, Berwaldhallen has decided to perform all concerts without an audience during January, February and March 2021. Our concerts will be streamed on Berwaldhallen Play and broadcast in Swedish Radio P2.
This season is a bit out of the ordinary here in Berwaldhallen. While waiting for restrictions on audience size to ease, we have continued to offer exciting concerts broadcast in Swedish Radio P2 and streamed on Berwaldhallen Play. On October 15th, we were able to open Berwaldhallen up to 50 audience members. However, in accordance with increased regional restrictions in six regions, including Stockholm, all concerts in November will be performed without audience. We constantly monitor the situation and adjust according to the current recommendations.
We have taken a number of steps to ensure the safety of both our employees and our audience. Not only your musical experience but also your safety is of great importance to us. We regularly monitor the Swedish Public Health Agency’s guidelines and recommendations with regard to the coronavirus pandemic and are prepared to change our measures according in line with changes to the official guidelines.
TICKETS AND PROGRAMMES
Read more about our upcoming concerts and purchase tickets, when available, here.
Our ticket office will remain closed for physical visits until further notice, in order to reduce congestion. Tickets are available through Berwaldhallen’s website and by phone.
Purchased tickets will be reimbursed with gift cards if repurchased no later than 13:00 on the day of the concert, or 13:00 on the last weekday before a concert on a public holiday. For repurchasing tickets, please contact us by phone or e-mail. This is a temporary change of our terms of purchase with respect to current recommendations. Please note that service fees will not be refunded.
If you have previously purchased a ticket to one of the concerts scheduled for March through September 2020, we will reach out to you by e-mail as long as you have a valid e-mail address associated with your purchase. We are working our way through one concert at a time and kindly ask you to wait patiently for us to contact you.
You are welcome to contact us by e-mail or phone if you have any questions. We are happy to help.
Phone: +46 (0)8 784 18 00 (open weekdays 12:00–18:00)
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISIT
- The front doors open 60 minutes before the concert begins and close 15 minutes before the concert begins. This is to avoid congestion in the foyers or the concert hall. If you are seated towards the middle of a seating row, we kindly encourage you to arrive well in advance.
- Your tickets will be scanned at the entrance. Please have your tickets ready when you arrive and follow signs and other visual guides to maintain a steady flow through the foyers, all the way to your seat. Hosts are also available to assist you.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the foyers and inside the toilets. Thanks to our hygiene and sanitation routines, you will always be met with a newly cleaned concert hall when you visit Berwaldhallen.
- It is imperative that you only take the seat specified on your ticket. All visitors are seated with requisite physical distance between parties. No more than two people are allowed to sit together, in accordance with government regulations. Only one or two tickets are currently bookable per order. Our ticketing system automatically blocks adjacent seats.
- Additionally, the seating rows closest to the stage are blocked in order to ensure requisite distance between the audience and the performers.
- We ask you to remain patient after the concert as exiting the concert hall will take longer than usual. In order to ensure the safety of our visitors, we will release the audience by section and floor.
- Café Berwald is currently closed in order to reduce congestion in the foyers. Programme booklets are also currently unavailable for purchase. Unattended wardrobe is available free of charge.
WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS?
We have a shared responsibility in these special times. We all need to help curb the spread of infection. Please read and follow these instructions carefully and help us keep Berwaldhallen a safe and healthy place for everyone.
- If you feel even the slightest symptoms, stay at home. Please wait at least two days after symptoms have passed before visiting Berwaldhallen.
- Study our seating plan prior to your visit to make finding your seat easier and quicker when you arrive. You are only allowed to take the seat that you have been assigned.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the stage or the backstage area.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water. Also, cough or sneeze in your armpit, not your hands. If you cannot wash your hands, use hand sanitiser.
- Try to maintain approximately two metres of physical distance to other visitors when moving around in the foyers, cloakroom, toilets and the concert hall.
- If you are unable to visit us, you can always find a selection of concerts on Berwaldhallen Play.
All of the Swedish Radio’s employees – including Berwaldhallen – are instructed to work from home as much as possible, to stay home at first symptoms of illness and not return to work for at least two days after symptoms have passed.
Further information about the coronavirus can be found at the Swedish Public Health Agency’s website.
This page was last updated on January 19, 2021.